COOPERATIVE AGENCIES RESOURCES FOR EDUCATION (CARE)
is an additional program that further serves EOP&S students who fulfill the CARE criteria. The CARE program also provides services beyond those offered through EOP&S.
To be eligible for CARE a student must be:
At least 18 years old
Considered a single head of household parent (single, divorced, separated, widow, etc.)
Currently receiving cash aid from CalWORKs/TANF for themselves or their children
CARE provides the following services:
- CARE Grants: Grants are given to the student to assist with the high cost of childcare.
- Monthly Meal Tickets: Get something to eat before you go to class.
- Monthly Gas Card: A gas card to help you offset the rising prices of gasoline so you can get to school.
- School Supplies: CARE will provide you with the necessary supplies for your classes like a notebook, scantrons, or a lab coat and goggles.
- Book Voucher: CARE provides funds to cover additional book expenses not covered by the EOP&S book voucher.
- Lending Library: Hundreds of textbooks available for students to borrow. The lending library library also has access to laptops and graphing calculators.
- Referrals: The EOPS/CARE team has great connections to community services and will work to provide you on and off campus referrals for additional services.
- Rosemarie Espinoza
- (408) 288-3788
- (408) 971-3641 (FAX)
Location: Student Center, SC-201