Student Health Services
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES UPDATE
Student Health Services (SHS) will reopen on Monday, August 28, 2023. Facemasks will continue to be required when visiting Student Health Services.
You must bring a picture ID (i.e.: student ID, driver’s license, etc.). If you are more than 5 minutes late to your appointment, it will need to be rescheduled.
To schedule an appointment, please call: (408) 288-3724 / FAX: (408) 297-4865
If you are seeking Mental Health Support, please contact our Case Manager for further information (click here).
LOCATION: Student Center, Room SC-109
Monday through Thursday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
NURSE & DOCTOR HOURS:
For life-threatening emergencies:
- ON campus,
call CAMPUS POLICE
at (408) 270-6468
- OFF campus, call 911
SJCC Student Health Services support a healthy learning environment. We provide health and wellness services so
our students can be at their best, in and out of the classroom. All of your information is kept confidential and private! We provide services tailored
towards minor injuries and conditions.
We are not an emergency services provider, and we are not a replacement for ongoing long-term primary care (continuity of care).
SJCC Health Services ensure the privacy and security of all health information. All services are confidential as defined by the Federal Regulations Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
SJCC complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, or disability.
Privacy Notice Link:
General Appointments with the doctor
Physical Examinations for employment, sports, and school requirements
Well Woman Exam (Pap Smears and Breast Exams)
Birth Control Prescriptions, Plan B, Condoms, Counseling, and Services
Low-Cost Pregnancy Testing, Counseling, and Referrals
TB Skin Testing for employment, volunteer, or college entry
Low-Cost Adult Immunizations, including free influenza and COVID (Moderna Bivalent)
Low-Cost Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Screenings and Treatments
Short-term Case Management and Mental Health Counseling Services
FREE Quit Smoking Program with counseling, patches, gum, and lozenges (call for availability)
Blood Pressure Checks and Basic Vision Screenings
Referrals to Community Health Agencies
FEELING BLUE?Here is an online resource for mental health screening. *Personal Counseling Services are available to all currently enrolled SJCC students (See Above: "Psychological Services"). For those who require and seek more in-depth support, referrals to community resources are provided (See "Local Community Resources" and "Hotlines" for more information).
GOT STRESS? Here is an online resource for students on stress.
CAN'T SLEEP? Here is an assessment for students on sleep.
***These assessments are for general inquiries. They may not be used for diagnosing
or treating any health condition and is not a substitute for professional medical evaluation, diagnosis or treatment.
Please refer to your health care provider for further evaluation.
- Asian Americans for Community Involvement provides health care services to the community.
- Planned Parenthood in San José(for family planning services, Plan B, and birth control)
- Santa Clara County Immunization Clinic(for immunizations and TB testing) (408) 792-5200
- Valley Medical Center
- Indian Health Center
- RotaCare Bay Area
- Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender Billy DeFrank Community Center (408) 293-2429
- Sexual and Gender Identities Clinic at the Kurt and Barbara Gronowski Psychology Center (650) 961-9300
- Suicide and Crisis Hotline (24/7) for Santa Clara County (855) 278-4204Contact Cares Crisis Line (408) 850-6125 - for anyone experiencing depression, anxiety, grief, stress, etc.
- United Way visit website or Call 211 to search directory of community services Next Door provides victims of domestic violence with safe, effective alternatives to a life of fear, danger, and few options. (408) 279-2962
- Crisis Helplines directory for San José
- TB Clinics-Santa Clara County - You'll find clinics that offer TB testing/screening. Make sure you call ahead to verify their services. Also, note the price of it because each clinic will have their own pricing.
Please click on banner/icon for redirection to resource website.
SJCC Mental Health Resource website:
MH Maxient Reporting form:
Text "COURAGE" to 741741
Student Stress Management
If this is an emergency, you are in a mental health crisis and need immediate assistance please call Santa Clara County Mobile Crisis Response at 1-800-704-0900 and select 2 or call 911 ask for a CIT officer, and for Mobile Crisis to be notified. If on campus call campus police at (408) 270-6468.
Meet the team
Toni Moos, MD
Kathleen Barzegar, RN PHN
Lead Clinic Nurse