Mental Health Resources
SJCC CASE MANAGEMENT & Personal
The Case Manager & Mental Health Counselor are not crisis response & are not first responders.
If this is a life threatening emergency call 911. If on-campus call campus police (408) 270-6468.
The Case Manager is not available during summer and will return on 8/21. SJCC will have one Mental Health Counselor available to currently enrolled students from 6/20-7/27. Please scroll down to view how to connect with the SJCC Mental Health Counselor.
Location: SC-109C (Inside Student Health Services)
- Case Manager
- Elisse Reyna, MSW, LCSW
Voicemail and email will not be responded to or monitored from 5/26-8/20.
To Make an appointment:
No appointments available. The Case Manager will return on 8/21.
Personal wellness counseling:
Brief Personal Wellness Counseling is provided on a time limited basis to all registered SJCC students who seek assistance with resolving obstacles which are limiting or interfering with the student's ability to successfully pursue a college education.
Provided by a Licensed clinician in a safe environment.
In-person and virtual Zoom appointments available.
Appointments are limited and availability is not guaranteed.
Weekly therapeutic support offered to students who may be experiencing some of the following concerns:
Stress Management and coping
Anxiety and Depression
Grief and loss
Self-image, identity and self-esteem issues
Family relationships and conflicts
Life changes and adjustments
Summer 2023 Hours:
Tuesday & Wednesday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Location: SC-201G (Student Center, 2nd floor Counseling Department)
- Mental Health Counselor
- Shireena Dubey, LMFT
- 408-298-2181 ext. 3275
To Make an appointment:
Email Shireena directly or call the Counseling Department Front Desk at (408) 288-3750.
Community mental health & Crisis resources
Call or text 988
Open 24/7, confidential, & free
1-855-278-4204 or 1-800-704-0900
Open 24/7, confidential, & free
Free, available 24/7 and confidential text-based crisis counseling.
Text Renew to 741741 (English)
Hola to 741741 (Spanish).
Santa Clara County residents can call to get crisis intervention, assessment, de-escalation support & access to resources.
Please call 1-800-704-0900
Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm & select option 2.
or after hours, call the same number and a clinician will connect to after hour services.
SJCC does not endorse any of the following resources.
These organizations do not bill insurance & require an out-of-pocket fee for each visit. Typically, the fee is on an income-based sliding fee scale and will be determined during intake.
3490 The Alameda Santa Clara, CA 95050 Call Centralized Intake Department 408-850-6145 Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm or Register online.
6529 Crown Boulevard, Suite D San Jose, CA 95120 Call 408-972-0200 and select option 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
YWCA Silicon Valley Healing Center
375 S. 3rd St. San Jose, CA Call 408-295-4011 ext 3151 or email email@example.com
5150 El Camino Real, Building C, suite 150 Los Altos, CA
Income-based sliding fee scale: Intake $25 and up, Weekly sessions $5 and up
Languages: Spanish & English. Arabic, Cantonese, & Mandarin based on therapist availability. f. Lighthouse of Hope Counseling Center
1515 Partride Ave. Sunnyvale, CA
Call 408-589-2030 for an intake
**Income-based sliding fee-scale or private insurance based on insurance coverage
Languages: English & Spanish
Kaiser Mental Health And Wellness Services
- For a mental health appointment in San Jose call (408) 972-3095.
- Use the link above to find a comprehensive list of what number to call to make an appointment based on city.
- If you have Kaiser insurance you may be able to access free self-care apps (CALM, Ginger, Mystrength). Check the link below to see if you qualify.
- Kaiser offers Behavioral Health classes
- Call (408) 363-4843 to ask about registration
- List of Kaiser Behavioral Health Classes
Do you have Active MediCal insurance?
a. Call 1-800-704-0900 to ask for a referral to mental health services.
b. ask your current health provider for a referral
c. Access the Behavioral Health Navigator Program
- Offers Peer Navigators to provide personalize assistance to get help for behavioral health needs, peer guidance, and connection to County and Community based resources.
- Email: BHNavigator@hhs.sccgov.org
- Call 1-800-704-0900, option 4
- Drop in Centers:
- Behavioral Health Urgent Care 871 Enborg Ct. San Jose
- Zephyr Self Help Center 1075 E. Santa Clara St. San Jose
Various Community Resources
Crisis support, housing including emergency shelters and supportive services to survivors and those currently experiencing domestic violence.
24/7 Crisis line: (408)279-2962
- Financial coaching, career coaching, credit and debt counseling, CalFresh screening
- Homeless Prevention System Referral Line:
- (408) 926-8885
- Apply for CalFresh
- Second Harvest Of Silicon Valley
- Text food to 876-876
- Call Food Connection Line: 1-800-984-3663
- Bill Wilson Center Centre For Living With Dying
- Call (408)850-6145 to register or use the link above to register online
- There is a fee to attend that will be determined when you register
Virtual Groups & Virtual Activities
- The LGBTQ Youth Space (Ages 13-25)
Individual Counseling, weekly online groups & activities
- Temporary Housing Referral Line (408)385-2400 9 am-7 pm Call here to be connected to temporary housing programs, emergency shelters, assistance to sustain current housing, and community referrals.
- If you are between the ages of 13-24, please go to the Bill Wilson Center Drop-In Center located at: 693 S. 2nd St.
Services available include:
- Access to basic necessities, such as food, clothing, personal care items, lockers, access to phone, and computer, access to showers, and washer and dryer.
- Connection to a Case Manager that can support with getting stable housing.
faculty & Staff
Please complete a Student Mental Health Referral Form. In case of life threatening emergency dial 911 or contact campus police 408-270-6468.
- Available during fall and spring semester.
- Email or call to schedule a meeting for consultation.
- A trained mental health clinician can also be accessed by calling the Santa Clara County Mobile Response Team 1(800) 704-0900 & select option 2.
- NAMI 5 Common Myths about Suicide Debunked
- NIMH 5 Action Steps for Helping Someone in Emotional Pain
- LIVINGWORKS Suicide Prevention Training
- Free, online and self-paced
- Request a free online training code here