Campus Map / Directions / Parking
Welcome to San Jose City College
Parking, Map, & Directions
Parking at SJCC
There are numerous parking lots and street parking available as identified on the map below. Here are some important rules and resources to be aware of when parking on campus:
Students and visitors must not park in staff lots, or they will be subject to parking fines.
All vehicles parked in staff lots must display parking permit issued by the District or have a registered digital permit.
- Download the Campus Map Here!
Click Here for the Interactive Campus Map
ADA Compliant - Click Here for the HTML format Interactive Campus Map for Screen Readers
Student Parking Permit Options
- You can purchase your parking pass through Self Service. (see video below)
- Student Decals are $45. Decals are mailed within 7-10 days and need to be placed on the car window. Note, if you applied and qualified for the California College Promise Grant, formerly BOG the permit is $25.
- Digital Permits are $40 and no physical (decal) permit is mailed, your license plate number is the permit. Note, if you applied and qualified for the California College Promise Grant, formerly BOG the permit is $20.
- Motorcycle permits are $15 and digital only, no decal permit is mailed.
- Daily permits are $3 and valid for one day only for the date you selected.
Parking Permit FAQ
Updated: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
1. Are students required to purchase parking permits for the 2022-2023 Academic Year?
Yes. Students are required to purchase parking permits for fall 2022 and spring 2023.
2. Are students able to purchase virtual or physical decal parking permits?
Yes. Students have the option to purchase virtual or physical decal parking permits per semester. Students receive a $5 discount for obtaining a virtual permit.
3. How long are student parking permits good for?
Student parking permits are good for one semester only. Students will be required to purchase parking permits every semester they enroll.
4. Are students able to purchase daily parking permits?
Yes. Students may purchase daily parking permits for $3.00.
5. Are students able to purchase more than one parking permit?
Yes, however, it is not necessary. If students drive more than one car, they can request a physical permit and transfer it to another vehicle, if needed.
6. Is there a cost for student parking permits?
Yes. Student parking permits cost $45 for students without the California College Promise Grant, $25 for students with the California College Promise Grant, and $15 for students who drive motorcycles.
7. Are student parking permits required at the San José City College Milpitas Extension?
No. Students solely taking courses at the San José City College Milpitas Extension are not required to purchase parking permits.
8. How may students order a parking permit without a debit or credit card?
No. District Police is working with the vendor on a solution.
9. Will a video be made to help students learn how to purchase parking permits?
10. May students order parking permits and be billed?
No. District Police is working with the vendor on a solution.
11. How may college programs purchase parking permits on behalf of students?
No. District Police is working with the vendor on a solution
Updated: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
1. Are employees required to request parking permits for the 2022-2023 Academic Year?
Yes. Parking permits are required for employees for the 2022-2023 Academic Year.
2. Is there a cost for parking permits for employees?
Employees are eligible for up to two parking permits. Virtual parking permits are free. Physical decal parking permits cost $3.95 plus tax, to cover production and mailing costs.
3. What is the difference between a virtual and physical parking permit?
Virtual parking permits will use vehicle license plate numbers. Physical decal parking permits are provided at cost to employees and must be affixed to the vehicle to avoid receiving a parking citation (ticket).
4. How often must employees request a parking permit?
Virtual parking permits will not expire. However, a new parking permit will need to be ordered if the license plate numbers change. Physical decal parking permits must be renewed annually at cost to the employee. Associate faculty and part-time employees are required to update their parking permits annually.
5. Are associate faculty and part-time employees eligible for virtual parking permits?
Yes. Associate faculty and part-time employees are required to update their parking permits annually.
6. Are employees who drive a motorcycle required to obtain a parking permit?
Yes. Employees who drive a motorcycle are required to request a virtual parking permit. Physical decal parking permits are not an option for motorcycles.
7. How do employees request a parking permit?
Employees must request a parking permit online via Self-Service.
8. How do employees request a parking permit once in Self-Service?
Once in Self-Service, view the left-hand menu and click on “User Options.” Then click on “Parking Permit Request” and follow the prompts to order. Make sure to have your vehicle(s) license plate number(s) available when ordering.
9. I am an employee but I am being asked to purchase a student parking permit online.
Employees in this scenario are asked to submit a work order through Information Technology Services & Support (ITSS) to ask for assistance to change their designation from a student to an employee.
10. May employees request more than one parking permit?
Yes. The second parking permit must be ordered with the initial parking permit order. A second parking permit may not be ordered once the initial parking permit order has been submitted. The parking permit vendor has been made aware of this concern and is working on a remedy.
11. May employees request more than two parking permits?
No. The District provides two parking permits for employees. Employees who need a third parking permit are recommended to order a physical decal parking permit so that they may remove and place onto their vehicles, as needed.
12. How will employees be notified that their parking permit request was received?
The vendor will send an automated e-mail message to employees confirming parking permit request submission and issuance. No further action is needed.
13. How do employees request a daily parking permit?
Employees who need a daily parking permit must visit District Police and request in-person. Daily parking permits are only available on an emergency basis, not to be used in lieu of a regular parking permit.
14. How do employees request a parking permit for guests or visitors?
Employees who need a daily parking permit for a guest or visitor must contact District Police either by calling (408) 270-6468 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. May employees give or lend their employee parking permits to students?
Employees should not give or lend their employee parking permits to students. This practice is not permissible.
16. Are employee parking permits good at both colleges?
Yes. Employee parking permits are good at both Evergreen Valley College and San José City College including the San José City College Milpitas Extension.
17. When will parking citations (tickets) begin to be issued?
District Police will begin to issue parking citations (tickets) the second week of the fall and spring semesters to allow students and employees to request and receive their parking permits for the term.
18. Do employee parking permits expire?
For permanent employees, parking permits do not expire. For part-time employees and associate faculty, parking permits will expire 365 days from the date of issuance.
19. May employees park in student parking lots?
Yes. Employees may park in student parking lots but it is not recommended since employee parking lots have been designated throughout the colleges.
20. Where can employees learn more about parking permit information?
Employees are encouraged to visit the District Police webpage at https://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/district-police/parking-information.
21. Whom should employees contact for parking permit inquiries?
Employees should contact the vendor via e-mail at email@example.com.
22. Is there an online video tutorial available for employees?
23. How may employees contact District Police?
Employees may contact District Police by calling (408) 270-6468 or visiting the District Police Stations located at the colleges. At Evergreen Valley College, the District Police Station is located across from Admissions & Records. At San José City College, District Police Station is located in the Student Center, Room SC-108.
The most scenic way is to take freeway 380 west exit from the airport. After several miles take the highway 280 south exit and you will be on what has been called the most beautiful highway in the world. Continue south to San Jose. Immediately after passing beneath the freeway 880/17 interchange take the Bascom/Leigh exit. At the top of the ramp, the college will be on your right, with an entrance to the parking lot at the stop light.
A slightly faster but often more congested route is to take freeway 101 south to San Jose. At the freeway 880/17 interchange, you will exit to the south, heading toward Los Gatos. When you reach the freeway 280 interchange, you will take 280 to the south. Immediately after entering 280 south take the Bascom/Leigh exit. At the top of the ramp, the college will be on your right, with an entrance to the parking lot at the stop light.
Take highway 880/17 north to San Jose. At the freeway, 280 interchange take the 280 south off-ramp. Remain in the right lane and make an immediate exit at Bascom/Leigh. At the top of the ramp, the college will be on your right, with an entrance to the parking lot at the stop light.
Take either freeway 101 or 280 and follow the directions for driving from the San Francisco Airport.
Take highway 880 south to San Jose. At the I280 interchange take the 280 south off-ramp. Remain in the right lane and make an immediate exit at Bascom/Leigh. At the top of the ramp, the college will be on your right, with an entrance to the parking lot at the stop light.
Take freeway 5 south. Just below Stockton take I205 west. 205 becomes I580. At the 580/680 interchange take 680 south. 680 becomes 280 as it crosses highway 101. Continue on 280 and exit at Leigh Ave. Turn left, cross the freeway, and an entrance to the college parking garage will be on your right-hand side one-half block after you cross Moorpark Ave.
Take freeway 101 north to highway 85. Take 85 to the I880/17 exit north. Go north on 880/17. At the I280 interchange take the 280 south off-ramp. Remain in the right lane and make an immediate exit at Bascom/Leigh. At the top of the ramp, the college will be on your right, with an entrance to the parking lot at the stop light.
Safety & Security Precautions
- Always close all windows and lock all doors including the trunk and roof hatch before leaving a parked vehicle. Take car keys with you. Leave no valuables in a parked car if possible. Otherwise leave nothing of value visible from the outside; place valuables in a locking compartment like a trunk.
- Contact the District Police if you need assistance with your vehicle.
- Report accidents, losses and suspicious circumstances to the District Police.
- District Police can be reached at (408) 270-6468