California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKS) is a state funded program (cash aid) that provides support for low-income students with dependent children who are receiving county assistance. CalWORKs is lifting families out of poverty through education.
- If you are receiving public assistance and are enrolled (or are planning to enroll) at SJCC you may be eligible. SJCC does not determine your eligibility. Eligibility is handled by your Santa Clara County Social Services Agency caseworker, who will send a referral to our CalWORKs office.
- To see if you qualify for services, please visit the Santa Clara County Social Services Agency page to complete an application.
- Assistance completing college and FAFSA applications
- Academic & Career Counseling
- Priority Registration
- Textbook Stipend
- Technology Stipend
- Supplies (uniforms, materials, etc.)
- Child Care
- CalWORKs Work-Study
- Referrals to Community Resources
You are not alone. There are many resources available to you.