Skip to main contentSkip to footer content

On Campus

You are eligible to work on-campus employment up to 20 hours per week when school is in session and during school breaks. A social security number (SSN) is required for employment. Keep in mind that on-campus employment is limited. It is your responsibility to find on-campus employment. 

To obtain authorization you must:

  1. Apply for a job on-campus
  2. Obtain a letter from the on-campus employer indicating you have been offered a job
  3. Submit the letter to the International Student Program office(ISP). ISP will then verify if you are eligible for a social security card and provide you with a letter to take to the Social Security Administration (SSA) office.
  4. Take employment letter, original I-20, and your passport to the SSA. SSA will then review your application for issuance of a Social Security card.

The SSN is only valid if you are in good academic and immigration standing. This does not authorize you to work off campus.


Places to Find On-Campus Employment:

  • Campus Store
  • Learning Resource Center
  • Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
  • Library
  • Science Labs
  • Office of Student Life (Ambassadors)
  • METAS Center