Student Pathway to Opportunity and TransferTake a peak at your future by exploring the programs we offer to help you graduate in as little as two years. SJCC has degrees and certificates in eight major areas of study or SPOTs. We're sure you will find the right fit that meets your passion. Take a look at our programs
Why Are SJCC jaguar SPOTs Unique?
What are the SJCC jaguar Spots?
Business, Economics, & Information Technology
Health Care & Human Services
Humanities, Social Sciences & Education
Industrial & Technical Careers
Languages and Communication
Personal and Career Exploration
Visual, Performing and Media Arts
How do we support students in the SPOT they choose?
- Mapped two-year schedules
- Comprehensive Education Plans
- Free Tuition for First-Time Full-Time College Students (free tuition for students with 6+ units in fall 2023)
- Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) in many courses
- Zero Cost Groceries
- Free Tutoring
- A culture of belonging where all students are respected and valued
SJCC's Jaguar SPOTs are part of the California Community College Guided Pathways initiative, which aims to remove obstacles to student success.
It is a way to advance equity for our students of color, first generation students, students from low-income backgrounds, and adult students.
There are four pillars to Guided Pathways:
- Create clear curricular pathways to employment and further education.
- Help students choose and enter their pathway.
- Help students stay on their path.
- Ensure that learning is happening with intentional outcomes.