The PD Committee offers SJCC faculty and staff a variety of activities that can assist in your professional enrichment and development.
Visit the PDC located in LRC 114 (Library) or explore this site to learn more about the opportunities and resources available.
The Professional Development Center seeks to support the entire San Jose City College community (faculty, staff, and administrators) as they expand their professional practices. It serves as the hub for career opportunities and personal and professional growth.
- Professional Development Co-Coordinator/Faculty
- Guadalupe Alatorre
Professional Development Committee
View the catalog page links below in each program to learn more about career options, courses and student learning outcomes.
- To offer and enhance opportunities that promote the training and professional development of faculty, classified, supervisory and administrative personnel.
- To plan and recommend activities to the College President for approval.
The faculty members should represent a variety of departments across the campus. The Professional Development Committee will consist of the following:
- 4-6 faculty appointed by the Academic Senate
- 4-8 Classified appointed by Classified Senate
- 2 Administrators or Supervisors appointed by the College President
- Establish and implement a procedure at allocate staff development funds. Any changes in procedures that apply to the faculty will be submitted to the Academic Senate for approval prior to implementation.
- Offer professional development opportunities.
- Plan professional development days' activities for the campus.
- Conduct professional development needs and surveys.
- Assess and improve professional development activities.
- Agendas and minutes shall be posted and available.
- Committee actions should reflect a majority vote by quorum of the members.
- Meetings will be held on at least on a monthly basis throughout the academic year.
- Meetings are open to all members of the college community.
- Mr. Takeo Kubo
- Dr. Pamela Yang
- Dr. Enrique Velasco
- Dean Dr. Celia Cruz-Johnson
- Dr. Maniphone Dickerson
- Ms. Guadalupe Alatorre
- Ms. Parisa Roghani
- Mr. Lucas Wang
- Ms. Ruth Zylka
- Ms. Dee Davis
Location: Per College Advisory Council, future PD Committee meetings will be held
*in-person in Room L-114 Fall 2023.
*HyFlex may be an option for accessibility with prior arrangement with the PD Co-Coordinators.
Zoom Meeting: https://sjeccd-edu.zoom.us/j/85448446627
- Meets the second and fourth Wednesday of each month
- September 13 and September 27
- October 11 and October 25
- November 8 and 22
- December 13
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
1) Complete the PDF form
2) Obtain a signature from your Dean, Manager, or Supervisor, then send the request to the PD Co-Coordinator(s).
For questions, please contact PD Co-Coordinators.
Resources and Links