Global Studies OverviewAs a Global Studies student, you will embark on a transformative educational journey that allows you to compare regions across the globe, shedding light on the most pressing world issues. Our Global Studies program provides a unique and comprehensive perspective on global affairs, cultures, and interconnectedness, equipping you with the knowledge and skills to navigate our increasingly globalized world.
Global Studies includes many different fields, including political science, economics, and cultural studies. But, Global Studies students don’t just think on a large scale. They study how something like climate change can affect hundreds of nations, but they also consider its effects on their own backyard.
- Humanities, Social Sciences, and Arts Division
- (408) 288-3785
GLOBAL STUDIES STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Describe globalization and its relationship to national, regional, and cultural diversity.
- Analyze the impact of cultural context on world views.
- Critically examine and analyze global issues from both interdisciplinary and international
- Explain the historical origins or roots of several current global issues.
- Analyze the roles and responsibilities of governments, institutions and individuals
as global citizens.
- Select and employ relevant research techniques and to analyze initiatives developed
to address global challenges.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing about topics in global studies.