Through dance education and performance you will learn new awareness of many personal and cultural issues. Through human movement and dance tradition, you will gain perspective on understanding diversity and change in our society.
For more information on Dance Degrees & Certificates: DANCE DEGREES & CERTIFICATES
Dance Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Discuss dance aesthetically and compositionally as an expression of self and culture.
- Critically compare various dance genres on the basis of movement and historical context.
- Apply proper posture, alignment, body organizations, vocabulary, and performance quality to a variety of dance techniques.
- Perform original dance choreography in class or for live public performances.
- Create dance choreography using the principles of composition. Demonstrate proper dance and theater etiquette as a student, performer or audience member.
- Humanities, Social Sciences, and Arts Division