Dance is a journey of self-discovery, cultural exploration, and personal growth. Our Dance program invites you to step into the world of movement and expression, where you'll gain a deeper awareness of personal and cultural issues while celebrating diversity and change in our society. Join us in the transformative power of dance and discover the boundless possibilities that await you on the dance floor. Your journey to understanding and self-expression begins here.
Dance Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Discuss dance aesthetically and compositionally as an expression of self and culture.
- Critically compare various dance genres on the basis of movement and historical context.
- Apply proper posture, alignment, body organizations, vocabulary, and performance quality to a variety of dance techniques.
- Perform original dance choreography in class or for live public performances.
- Create dance choreography using the principles of composition. Demonstrate proper dance and theater etiquette as a student, performer or audience member.