Take a course offered in the Computer Applications department to enhance and demonstrate your computing skills!
Successful Computer Applications students prove their competency and mastery in:
- Word Processing, using Word to compose documents, create mail merges, make quality business brochures, and create portfolios of business documents
- Spreadsheet Management, using Excel to calculate large spreadsheets, generate charts, and use formulas
- Database Management, using Access to manage large amounts of data, generate reports, and create queries
- Presentation Techniques, using PowerPoint and Prezi to create state-of-the-art, professional presentations
- Email and Calendaring, using Outlook to effectively write professional e-mails, organize calendars, and improve organizational skills
San Jose City College currently offers an Associate in Science (AS) Degree and three levels of Certificates in Computer Applications.
Students who complete all three Certificates or the AS Degree will be well-prepared for the Microsoft Office Specialist and Expert Level (MOS) Exams, the globally-recognized standard in Microsoft desktop certification.
By successfully completing our courses, students demonstrate their computing skills needed in the modern workplace. Employers around the world know that it is a smart decision to hire qualified candidates; a certificate or AS degree can be an employee's ticket to better career opportunities.
For more information, contact Business & Workforce Development at (408) 288-3131.
- Mark Branom
- 408-298-2181 ext. 3235
- Division Counselor
- Julie Nguyen
- 408-298-2181 ext. 3440
- Associate Dean of Career Technology Education
- Dr. Pamela Yang
AS Computer Applications
Computer Applications Certificate Level 1
Computer Applications Certificate Level 2
Computer Applications Certificate Level 3