Research, Planning, & Institutional Effectiveness
WHAT WE DO
We provide research consulting, support, facilitation and technical assistance to college faculty, staff, administrators and students. We also provide support for accountability reporting related to accreditation, state/federal requirements and grants. Our services include:
- Lead and facilitate accreditation activities
- Conduct college-wide research for institutional planning
- Serve on campus committees as data support
- Provide consultation on research design
- Assist with evaluation of programs
- Design reports and dashboards
- Provide support for Program Review
- Design and assist administering surveys
- Conduct focus groups and interviews
- Offer workshops and training on various topics related to research and institutional effectiveness
- Build accreditation activities into local practices
- Improve organizational capacities to use the internal report tool (CROA)
- Improve data access and support for decision-making
To request research/data services please use our internal Research & Report Request system. For other external research/data concerns, please contact Dean of RPIE Joyce
Lui (Joyce.Lui@sjcc.edu, x3270) or Research Analyst Hazel De Ausen (Hazel.DeAusen@sjcc.edu, x3721).
Service Area Outcomes
- The College* will receive support for projects promoting equity, opportunity, social justice, innovation, and academic excellence.
- The College will be supported with data and educational planning that is integrated with student equity in mind.
- To support institutional effectiveness, the College will have available documentation for the College’s planning process (i.e., institutional planning manual, strategic plan, educational master plan), participatory governance committees (i.e., participatory governance handbook), and transparency in decision-making.
- The College will receive consistent and effective communication about data and planning.