World Languages (American Sign Language, French, Japanese, Spanish, Vietnamese)
welcome to the world languages Program
The World Languages Program at San José City College is committed to preparing students to meet the demands of the global marketplace, while also offering opportunities for personal enrichment.
The Program offers instruction in: American Sign Language, French, Japanese, Spanish, and Vietnamese
Courses are fully transferable and meet eligibility requirements to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Graduates can obtain General Major AA and AS degrees with a Foreign Language Area of Concentration, and can satisfy most Bachelor degree requirements by completing two years of coursework in a World Language.
World Language Courses
World Languages Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate increased comprehension or receptive skills in the target language.
- Demonstrate adequate control of appropriate vocabulary and grammar and expressive skills to produce the target language.
- Articulate comparisons between his/her own culture/s and that of the speech communities of the target language (this could include, for example, social and political history, literature, or art of the communities of the target language).
- Acquire skills necessary to complete an AA or AS degree and/or transfer to a four year institution, which could include the use of innovative technology and exposure to new trends.
For more information contact Language Arts Office.
- Senior Division Administrative Assistant
- Monique Rodarte