welcome to the medical assisting department
The Medical Assisting Program at San Jose City College prepares students for employment as a Clinical or Administrative Medical Assistant in a doctor's office, clinic, or hospital.
Students may join the program during Spring, Summer, or Fall sessions on a part-time or full-time basis. students may elect to complete an Associate of Science degree or one of three career certificates:
- Administrative and Clinical Certificate
- Clinical Certificate
- Administrative Certificate
Upon successful completion of the program, students are qualified to sit for National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) or National Certified Medical Office Assistant (NCMOA) examinations offered by National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
Students are also qualified to sit for the California Certified Medical Assistant Exam (CCMA) through the California Certifying Board of Medical Assistants (CCBMA), including Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam through American Medical Technologists (AMT).
SJCC Medical Assisting Program Highlights:
- Open enrollment during Spring, Summer, or Fall semester - Balancing education, family, and work
- Excellent academic and hands-on training providing real-world experience
- Externship placement - a competitive edge for employment in a rapidly growing healthcare industry
- Division Counselor
- Lila Chiem, MS
- Dr. Jagrup Kahlon
- 408-298-2181 ext. 3403
Dr. Denis Golubev
Dr. Georgi Tartaski